Expert Info

Posted by mirov18
on 15 Oct 2017

I am Bulgarian citizen and my wife is citizen of Philippines
We are planning to move to Ireland .
My question is if she needs an entry visa and work permit.
Thank you!

EmmaL on 16 Oct 2017 - 08:17
Hi Mirov18

Most people need an entry visa as well as any other residence or work permit before moving to Ireland. Have a look at our page on visas for Ireland. You could also try the Irish immigration site, which is very helpful.

Will both of you be working in Ireland?

Hope this helps,
Anonymous (not verified) on 16 Oct 2017 - 08:54
Hi Emma! Thank you for responding! Yes Both we are planning to work there As I am EU citizen I don’t need any visa or WP but I don’t know if my wife will be allowed to work
EmmaL on 17 Oct 2017 - 08:11
Hi Mirov18

Your wife should be allowed to work if you follow the guidelines on the Irish immigration site. There's a special dependant work permit for dependants working in Ireland. 

Whereabouts in Ireland are you planning to live? Do you have a job yet?

mirov18 on 23 Oct 2017 - 07:57
Hello! My question is: When I arrive in Ireland I will need to find a place where to stay for the time I am looking for a job/ it can take 1-2-3 months/and what I read in the net, I can’t rent a home before I get a job.If it is true it means that I have to stay in a hotel which will be too expensive.What is the solution in this case if there is any? Thank you!